Skip to main content



Fake Liquor Being Sold For Thousands

There are many changes happening behind the scenes at Smith-Kenyon. We are launching a new website along with a new monthly newsletter.  Posted below is one of the articles from last month. As you can see, the newsletter is not all about insurance. We hope you will find the articles to be interesting and worth the quick read. Please let us know if you would like to be added to our newsletter mailing list.

Fake Liquor Being Sold For Thousands Police and consumer groups are warning about fake booze that's being offered at some airport bars and restaurants as well as online. In some cases, cheap liquor is being poured into bottles labeled for high-end brands.
For example, empty bottles of high-end Pappy Van Winkle bourbon sell as collector items for about $40. They are then filled with fake liquor and sold as the real thing for $1,000 or more.
To avoid being scammed, make sure you buy your high-end products from established, reliable sources. At the other end of the price scale, bewar…

Latest Posts

Small Business Saturday in Des Moines

Shop Small San Antonio

Travel Tips: Rental Cars - How to Save Money and Stay Safe

Should I Raise My Deductible?

Getting Ready For Winter - Checklist for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather

New Hire Checklist for Small Business Owners

Getting Ready for Winter - 12 Items to Keep in Your Car

15 Fire Hazards You Use Every Day